- In the Competitiveness Rankings compiled by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Estonian Employers’ Confederation, AS Merko Ehitus Eesti wins the award of most competitive construction company and the Tallinna Teede AS, a road building company that is part of the Merko group, was awarded the title of most competitive small and medium-sized enterprise.
- The world’s leading business and investment magazine, Euromoney, acknowledges that AS Merko Ehitus is the best real estate developer in Estonia. Merko triumphes in all five categories, including overall, residential, industrial and leisure.
- Merko completes the construction of Tondiraba Ice Arena in 14 months. The multifunctional ice arena consists of a main arena with 5,840 seats, two practice rinks and a curling rink. It’s also a complicated structure, full of special solutions, from the 4,500 reinforced concrete elements, 2,000 square metre seamless concrete floor to the imposing 62-metre span wooden girders. Estonian Association of Construction Entrepreneurs awards Ahto Aruväli, the Project Manager of AS Merko Ehitus Eesti with the Builder of the Year 2014 award for the construction of Tondiraba Ice Arena.
- AS Merko Ehitus Eesti joins the official list of recognized construction companies, which was established to make it easier for construction companies to take part in public procurements and to profile honest, recognized construction companies in the private sector. In the words of the Estonian Association of Construction Entrepreneurs, being included on the list certifies to contracting entities that a given construction company is capable of meeting the terms and conditions set forth in the Public Procurements Act.
- At Baltic Market Awards 2013 competition, organised by NASDAQ OMX Baltic stock exchanges, AS Merko Ehitus receives third place in the category “Most Visible Improvement over the Year” at raising quality of investor relations.The goal of the competition was to raise the general level of investor relations among listed companies by recognizing the ones that stood out during the year with first-class investor relations.
- Each year, Estonia’s best financial director is selected at the BIG4 finance conference. From several dozen candidates, the jury selected five nominees. 2014’s candidates included AS Merko Ehitus Group CFO Signe Kukin. The jury credited Signe Kukin with a significant role in raising the quality of reporting of the consolidated group operating in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, resulting in a more substantive and efficient process of reporting to the management board and external consumers. Signe Kukin has also contributed in improving the Merko Ehitus group’s structure and increasing the efficiency of internal controls.
- The winner of the 2013 Civil Engineer of the Year competition, organised by the Estonian Association of Civil Engineers, is Tiit Joosti, Project Director at AS Merko Ehitus Eesti. Tiit Joosti is awarded thanks to his successful management of the construction work at the Ülemiste crossing. The aim of the competition is to demonstrate the value of the profession of civil engineer and to recognise engineers in the construction sector for their outstanding professional achievements.